Getting back on track with Sunflower
by Post Malone, Swae Lee and a cup of tea ☕️
I know it’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything. But certain things were beyond my control, which is why I didn’t write this whole time. Many things are under our control, and then there are those beyond our control. How does one find out which event/thing is controllable or not? Even I’m trying to figure that out, let’s do it together?
I did some reading about the Control. I am sure you have come across this term. Ever heard someone say, I like to be in control, or I want to be in control. At its core, control is the power to influence. Influence either a person’s including your own behaviour or influencing the course of events. The meaning itself sounds very dominating, doesn’t it?
It may sound ambitious, but all of us in some way or the other want to take control of things in life or people around us. But there are many things which are beyond your control and you need to be aware of those. Also, there are certainly many things, that we have complete control over but we have been overlooking them. I am here to bring you a small list of things. As per my point of view these are can’s and the cannot’s of control in life. Let’s start by cannot’s first.
Things which we cannot control…
These are some things which are beyond our control. And the moment you realise this, you should stop worrying about them. It’s time, to be honest with yourself and make sure you don’t sweat over these things.
- Change: The very first thing that is out of our control is change, the change is inevitable and will keep coming no matter how hard you try to avoid it. No matter what you do, change will always find you. The smallest most quick example I can think of is, how quickly the education industry changed due to pandemic. It switched to online based education overnight, which was previously only considered as a previleged option.
- Past: The second thing that you cannot control is the past, as Neil said in Tenet, What’s happened, happened. There’s no control over the past. So, it’s beyond your control and there’s no point in sweating over it.
- Economy: The way we have passed this pandemic, I am very grateful to be at home with my family with everything being accessible but not many out there are as lucky. The economies of many countries, including ours have crashed down like anything. Such times are definitely out of our control, be it now or 2008 financial crisis. You cannot control the economy, all you can do is hope for the best, and be prepared for the worst.
- Love: You cannot, I repeat, cannot control, who loves you. If the love is genuine, it won’t require any control. And if it does requires to be controlled, well you know the answer to that kind of love.
- Genetics: Many people try to get into different looks, just to please people around them. There are people I know are considering themselves less than others just because they are shorter. You cannot control your genetics, at least as of now (keeping genetical engineering in mind). So, there’s no point in crying over it. It’s the card you are dealt with, it’s your job to make the best out of it.
Also, there are many other things which are beyond our control. But these are most crucial ones that I feel. You can either cry over them or accept them. And move on towards the things that you can control in your life. And here’s the list for such things.
Things which we can control…
- Health: The first and foremost thing which we can and we should control is our health. No matter how young and strongly immune you might be, health is not something you should compromise on. There’s no better time to take care of your health than the ones we are in now. It’s about time you took a good look on your diet and other health habits.
- Future: Yes, you read it right. You can control your future. Your current habits and routines are the backbones on which your future will stand. Make the foundation stronger and definitely the empire you build on it, will withstand all the obstacles.
- Focus: It’s in your control, you can choose on what you want to focus. You’ve got the time, you can spend it on Netflix or on Udemy, choice is yours and yours alone. It’s upto you what you choose to focus on and it can pave the way for you.
- Environment: Believe me or not, the surroundings we live in, have most impact on us. And guess what, you can control it. It hardly takes 3-5 hours to clear all the clutter in the house and make it look beautiful. You can control how your enviroment looks and feels. And trust me, the more clean and organized your environment is, the more productive you’ll be.
- Values & Expectations: There’s no science for being kind. That’s something you can control, you can choose and control your values. You can control, which value would you prefer to act according to. Also, you can control your expectations. The least kept expectations from others are the best, I would say. But, you are the best person to know whom you can or cannot expect from. Also, this applies to yourself. You don’t have to burden yourself with expecting too much.
We will talk more separately on Expectations, but that’s the topic for another night. For tonight, I would like you to go over above lists once again before you dooze off. Keeping in mind what you can and cannot control, will definitely help you make better decisions in life.
Also, one last thing… I’m back to regularly blogging. To those who are reading… keep coming back every week to find new view points over life.